This one day juice fast is so easy, that virtually everybody can do it without the extra drama of the longer ones. It doesn’t require a serious plan yet it is very effective. It’s a great detox for your body and it gives your digestive system the long awaited break at least for a day. You can repeat this one day juice fast for several days in a row if you wish. For those of you who want to lose a few pounds, you can lose 1-3 pounds per day!
I recommend starting with the one day juice fast once per week for at least for 2 months. It is also a great full year detox – one day juicing fast every week, or even every month works wonders for your body and health.
ONE DAY FAST
- Start by drinking either lime/lemon water by squeezing a fresh lime or lemon into 16 oz. of warm water followed by Probiotic supplelment. This helps to clean the intestines.
- Make a smoothie for breakfast by combining the following ingredients:
- Pick one fruit or vegetable combination for the day and stick with it. Choose in season products. My personal favorites apples, carrots, beetroot and ginger.
- Dilute the juice with some spring water to avoid raising your blood sugar levels.
- Drink 3 cups of fresh made juice for the day replacing breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snack . Drink slowly.
- Don’t forget to drink water. Your body needs 4 liters per day. I add the following to each liter and drink daily: 1st liter: ½ tsp to 1 tsp of Pink Salt, 2nd liter: 1 tsp of Greens Mix Powder and 2 drops of Peppermint Oil, 3rd liter: 2 tsp of Max Stress B
- It’s best to make the juice right before drinking, however, you can juice enough for the day and take with you in a thermos.
- The idea behind this fast is to give your digestive system a break. Don’t eat. Juice… If you feel hungry, drink more juice, water, tea, clear broth. During the fast, avoid smoking, alcohol, coffee, black tea, caffeinated beverage. You can drink lemon or lime water and herb teas.
- Workday may be easier to fast as your mind will be occupied by work at hand. Weekends tend to be more social and food is typically involved. Temptation is unwelcome during a fast.
- Plan ahead for your evening. A good movie, a nice book, a nice distraction. Temptations are the worst in the evening. Remember, you can eat in the morning.
- Make sure your fridge and pantry is not full with things you love to eat or snack. I suggest that you box up any tempting dry snacks. Tape up the box. Put it out of site. Don’t temp yourself.
- Do light workouts! I suggest a 30-60 minute brisk walk or similar exercise in the morning if possible. Do not exhaust yourself.
- Make your one day juicing fast a tradition and repeat it every week. Your body will transform in just a few months and you will be glad that you did!
- Start you next day with 16 oz of lemon/lime water followed by the smoothie. Plan on having a small piece of protein and some veggies for lunch and dinner. Use fruits as snacks. Avoid processed foods.
Detox tea – few pieces fresh ginger steeped in hot water, fresh squeezed lemon, 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, 1 tsp raw honey